Sunday, April 13, 2008

Danielle Before Spring Program


Danielle Before Spring Program, originally uploaded by carlcmc.

Before we went to their spring program/production I photographed her in my studio room.

Taken with a Nikon D80.
* Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320) [+]
* Aperture: f/4 [+]
* Focal Length: 85 mm [+]
* ISO Speed: 100 [+]

Strobist Info: SB-800 and SB-600 at Manual 1/2 through 43" white satin umbrella camera right. Triggered via Nikon CLS/AWS. About 2' from Danielle.

I set shutter speed of 1/320 to eliminate any hint of the onboard flash in her eyes. I chose ISO 100 and f/4.0 to eliminate ambient and achieve a depth of focus to include both eyes. I had on a bank of fluorescents camera right that lit her face enough for autofocus to function however these did not contribute to the overall exposure. First shot taken led me to want a bit of fill from left. I then moved over my 7' tall white v-card and placed camera left to provide some fill.

Post production: Adobe Lightroom for cropping. Adobe photoshop for layers, surface blur etc.

No comments: