Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brent


Brent, originally uploaded by Carl's Photography.

Taken with a Nikon D80.

* Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200) [+]
* Aperture: f/4 [+]
* Focal Length: 85 mm [+]
* ISO Speed: 200 [+]

Strobist info: Single light setup. SB-800 at M 1/4 into 43" umbrella with black backing on a bit to camera left. It was higher up with bottom tines above his head and as close to him as possible without being in the frame.

I bought 2 25' active USB extension cords and connected my Nikon D80 to the computer. I used Nikon Camera Control Pro to grab the images as I shot them tethered. I had Adobe Lightroom 2 running in tethered mode grabbing the images.

This is very much like a butterfly lighting setup without the reflector beneath.

I had Brent sit for a few minutes while I experimented with the remote control setup.

No comments: