Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brent


Brent, originally uploaded by Carl's Photography.

Brent was done with home school work when I got home. He was playing with his Starwars Deathstar/Darth Vader transformer. I decided to use my 60" umbrella without the black backing and shoot it as a shoot through instead of reflected. After I set up my lighting I had him sit down and talk to me about his day while I periodically shot frames and adjusted the power of the flashes. This was just a two light setup.

# Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200) [+]
# Aperture: f/4.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 85 mm [+]
# ISO Speed: 100 [+]

Strobist info: SB-900 in Impact 60" white satin shoot through umbrella camera right and a bit above about 2-3' from point to his nose. SB-600 through pringles can snoot camera left and slightly behind him shot at backdrop that was about 4' behind him. On board flash used for on axis fill at M 1/32.

No comments: