Thursday, December 1, 2011

Road Through the Trees in Yellowstone

Via Flickr:
This is the south entrance road for Yellowstone National Park. As we drove south, exiting the park, we came to this iconic view. Miles of road, stretching through the pines, with the begining of the Grand Teton Mountain range in the distance. It was late afternoon and was very challenging lighting conditions. I captured the view with a series of 3 images combined by HDR technique.

Imagine the setting: I keep dashing out into the road, trying to level my tripod and camera and get the exposure correct. Whoops, not fast enough, cars coming behind me, pick up and dash out. After about 15 minutes, I had enough time to make this photo.

maps.google.com/maps?q=44.18329667,-110.65883333&hl=e...
Base HDR exposure 1/250 sec at f/10 ISO 200 with "18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR" at 120 mm focal length on a NIKON D7000 - Visit my profile page at www.flickr.com/people/christensen_carl/

No comments: