Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Brent headshot


Brent headshot, originally uploaded by carlcmc.

Camera: Nikon D80
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 85 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Strobist: SB-600 at 1/2 power fired into 43" Wescott White umbrella with removable black back on. Umbrella camera right as can be seen in this setup shot. 2x3' White posterboard for fill at camera left. Black backdrop moved back about 8' to avoid light spill.
Lens:Shot with my new Nikon 85mm f/1.4D AF IF Lens.
Processing: Adobe Lightroom for cropping, blemish control and levels manipulation.

I finally have got around to hanging some pictures in our house. The girls' pictures are fairly recent, but Brent's is over a year old! Time for a new headshot to go on the wall. I spent about 10 minutes with setup and another 20 minutes taking a few shots. Invariably, I prefer the close up shots like this. I did shoot some from further back, but I like the detail of the face to fill the frame.

I like the catchlights in the eyes. But you can clearly see that my flash mount is high in the umbrella which results in an uneven catchlight with the top part of the umbrella being more illuminated than the bottom.

No comments: