Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Rainbow Not Expected


A Rainbow Not Expected, originally uploaded by Carl's Photography.

Taken with a Nikon D80.

* Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) [+]
* Aperture: f/10 [+]
* Focal Length: 26 mm [+]
* ISO Speed: 400 [+]

It was one of those recent mornings with a heavy mist / fog in the air. We had had rain the day before and the ground was moist. The night temperature had reach into the mid 50's and as the sun rose, the air was saturated with a heavy white mist. It was cool to the face and made it seem you were viewing the world through foggy goggles. I didn't get out to photograph right away and so in this photo, much of the fog has dissipated. With the sun directly behind me, I had a 270 degree rainbow pretty much wherever I looked. At times it wasn't very visible. With the use of a circular polarizer I could emphasize the sky and make the rainbow show up.

No comments: