Sunday, December 7, 2008

Joel


Joel, originally uploaded by Carl's Photography.

Becky, the children and I went to Centerville, Ia for the weekend. It was her father's 60th birthday (Keith). We stayed with Tony and Krista. I brought back my gear and setup in their basement. It was my first try of my SB-900 and 60" umbrella. A chair made for a handy prop. I covered the concrete wall with black fabric.

I had the pose, the light and exposure correct. But without Becky behind me to get the smile, the photo wouldn't have been as good!

Taken with a Nikon D80.

* Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200) [+]
* Aperture: f/4 [+]
* Focal Length: 85 mm [+]
* ISO Speed: 100 [+]

Strobist info: Ambient exposed for black. Main light of SB-900 into 60" white umbrella with black backing camera left. SB-800 shoot through white satin 43" umbrella camera right as fill. SB-600 wide angle diffuser setting up high and slightly right and behind for hair light. Pop up flash used in commander mode with M 1/32 contributing a hair bit of on axis fill light. For a total of a 4 light setup.

No comments: