Friday, October 30, 2009

Dark Clouds Receding with Orange Sun on the Corn Field.

The sky was covered with dark clouds, rain and wind all day. In a matter of minutes a wind blew up and started blowing the clouds to the east. The evening sun shone brilliantly with a vibrant orange tint. By the time I raced outside with my camera, half the sky had already been cleared of clouds. Within another ten minutes, the entire sky would be cloudy and the sun would be gone. I would have liked it had I got the shot with the clouds a bit higher in the sky. Brent and I jumped on the four wheeler and raced through the field with him hanging on for dear life to try to get in a good position for the photos. This photo is a matter of minute later than the first photo that has more clouds in it. The sun was gone about 30 secs after this. We brought the tripod with us in case I had time to shoot multiple exposures and combine them. However, the clouds were moving so fast and the lighting conditions were changing so fast that I didn't have opportunity to. This is a single shot with some mild HDR processing.

No comments: