Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fire Hole River Falls in Yellowstone - with Vignette

We stayed at the west entrance to Yellowstone and got up at a reasonable time the next morning. We traveled in and at a spur of the moment notice I noticed a little gravel drive off to the left (south). I turned off on this one way path which traced along the Fire Hole river and came to these falls. Even though it was 7:30 in the morning, the area was still shaded in shadows. Using my circular polarizer, an aperture of f/29 and ISO 100 I was able to get 1 sec exposure times. The nice blurring of the water is the result. I'm uploading two versions. One with and one without a vignette to see what people like better. Personally, I'm liking the vignette one better..
Base HDR exposure 1.0 sec at f/29 ISO 100 with "18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR" at 46 mm focal length on a NIKON D80

No comments: