Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Watermelon of the Season

After picking tomatoes in the garden, I picked some weeds in the melon patch. I came to this big melon that I had had my eyes on for awhile. The curly tail was brown and when I thumped and slapped it it sounded ripe. I picked it and chilled it in ice water for awhile. We cut it up for supper after we ate our corn and beets. It appears to be a pink water melon. It wasn't compeltely ripe as the seeds weren't black yet, but the heart was sweet. Enthusiasm every year gets the best of me. Oh well, made for a good photo!

Strobist: Triggered by pop up flash with IR pass through filter in front. SB-900 and SB-800 on separate channels in TTL mode shooting through a 45" white Impact umbrella camera left about 2 feet away..
1/200 sec at f/10 ISO 100 with "Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM" at 11 mm focal length on a Nikon D80

No comments: