Sunday, December 12, 2010

4x6 Family Photo for 2010 on Black back ground

We waited until my D7000 arrived and then we made this photo. We had bought all black shirts for everyone but in the end, I had Becky change to her red cashmere sweater.

I decided that this year I absolutely wanted to make sure I had a large depth of field for focus. I laided out my tape measure and had Becky sit at around 7-7/12 feet. Using DOFmaster website, I came up with f/13 shooting at 50mm focusing at around 7 1/2 - 8 feet. This created a depth of field of acceptable focus from in the 6 feet area to the 10 feet area. With three rows, this made sure everyone was still in focus. I increased ISO up to 640 and the D7000 handled this with very little noise. I love that I can increase the power out put of my flashes with the commander menu by 1/3 ev.

Strobist info: SB-900 into 60" Impact white umbrella with black backing slightly to camera left and above. SB-800 into 43" Wescott white satin shoot through umbrella back right corner behind everyone and above for hair light.
1/200 sec at f/13 ISO 640 with "50mm f/1.8D" at 50 mm focal length on a Nikon D7000

No comments: