Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family Photo at the Ritz


Family Photo at the Ritz, originally uploaded by carlcmc.

Taken with a Nikon D80.

* Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) [+]
* Aperture: f/8 [+]
* Focal Length: 85 mm [+]
* ISO Speed: 250 [+]

This was on a round about. I set up my camera across the road in the middle of the round about. I chose an aperture of f/8 for acceptable focus and underexposed a bit - maybe 2/3 ev. I attached both my SB-800 and SB-600 to my umbrella in shoot through mode. I would have done reflected mode but I worried after setting everything up whether the Nikon CLS/AWS would be able to trigger it or not. The umbrella was camera left about 10 feet from me on the left. The umbrella was about 30 feet from the camera with both of the sensors on the speedlights rotated to face the camera. I had on the IR pass filter over the onboard flash. I had no problems with triggering the flashes. I used my remote IR shutter release with a 2 second timer.

After the limousines, BMWs, towncars etc passed and there was a gap in the traffic, I would run out and place my umbrella in the middle of the roundabout and then snap a few photos. I think this one turned out best.

We were in Orlando, Fl for 1 week. I attended AUA (American Urologic Association). We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes which sits on a property and shares with the J.W. Marriott.

No comments: