Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lone Tree Against the Sky


Lone Tree Against the Sky, originally uploaded by carlcmc.

Taken with a Nikon D80.
* Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125) [+]
* Aperture: f/11 [+]
* Focal Length: 20 mm [+]
* ISO Speed: 100 [+]

3 RAW (NEF) exposures take with camera on a tripod. I set the shutter lockup delay feature and used my IR remote. I put it on bracketing and took -2,0,+2 EV exposures. Circular polarizer on. The sun was to camera right at 90 degrees. 16 bit TIFF generated which were then processed in Photomatrix Pro. Then the resultant 8 bit JPG was edited in Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Orton effect.

While there was much manipulation of the photo, the actual image itself is accurate. I haven't added or removed any elements. The clouds were there in that formation as was the hill/tree etc.

I really like how the clouds appear to be raining/wisping down towards the tree. I didn't notice this with my eye, but with an underexposure it was visibile.

No comments: